BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
BGEN are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Buyer to assist the BGEN small projects team based at AstraZeneca Macclesfield.
The Buyer shall be based on site 5 days per week and shall provide all procurement support for projects on site.
Reporting to the Lead Administrator, the Buyer will support the Project team with the following responsibilities.
- Procurement of all Materials / Equipment for a multi-disciplinary Framework contract.
- Achieve Value for Money on all procurement items by testing the market and securing competitive quotations.
- Develop strong relationships with supply chain partners.
- Secure beneficial rates from supply chain partners and meet regularly to ensure best value is offered.
- Seek Innovative products and services from supply chain.
- Consider Sustainable options when procuring goods and services.
- Ensure that all BGEN procurement processes and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Offer continual improvement suggestions for Procurement dept.
- Work closely with Project teams to prioritise items of procurement in accordance with urgency.
- Ensure orders are placed in a timely fashion to adhere to installation programmes.
- Challenge requests for goods and services should there be more commercially beneficial options available.
- Strong experience (at least 3 years) in a similar Procurement / Buyer role
- Experience of procurement of Electrical & Instrumentation goods and materials
- Experience of procurement of Mech & Building Services goods and materials
- Strong understanding of procurement process & associated documentation
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Collaborative skills and experience working in part of a multi-discipline team
- Ability to work in a team or alone, comfortable to liaise with client representatives
- Ability to identify innovative solutions and embrace emerging technology
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to maintain excellent working relationships
- Possess strong Negotiation Skills
- Ability to seek and achieve best value
- Ability to utilise Microsoft Office suite of software