BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
The Purpose of the Store person, is to ensure that the site stores are maintained and organised in a professional manner and the control of records of Plant, Tools, Materials and PPE are sufficiently robust to be able to withstand both internal and external QA scrutiny.
The Store person will strive for continual improvement of processes and procedures to achieve maximum efficiencies for the Framework contract.
The Store person will undertake the following key activities:
- Serving Plant to Operatives and booking out as appropriate
- Inspections and Log of returned plant
- Inspections of plant prior to issuance
- Management of Plant Quarantine area
- Arrange for Plant repairs and Maintenance
- Monitor and arrange for Plant / Equipment Calibration
- Maintenance of Power tools as required
- Change Power tool blades
- PA testing
- Ladder inspections
- Compiling and gathering data for the HS10
- Completion of HS10 on a monthly basis
- Unloading and Checking of Deliveries (against purchase orders)
- Advise the 'Buyer' of any discrepancies with deliveries.
- Advise Supervisor team of deliveries.
- Log Deliveries into Project Database.
- Booking Materials into Supervisor cages
- Arrangement of incoming materials in Stores
- Serve Materials to Operatives and book out as appropriate.
- Logging and storage of returned materials.
- Monitor, Replenish and Log Stock & Consumables
- Serving PPE to Operatives and booking out as appropriate
- Monitor, Replenish and Log PPE
- Material movement around stores / compound
- Ensure stores / compound are organised and tidy at all times
- Waste management of stores and compound area.
- Use of Telehandler (restricted to compound area)
(the above list is not exhaustive and is subject to change in accordance with the requirements of the contract)
Required Skills (Essential)
- 5 Years Experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of M&E equipment and materials
- Basic IT skills and a working knowledge of inventory management systems and Office Suite
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work methodically and quickly
- Excellent time management skills and exceptional work ethic
- Ability to stand on their feet for long hours
- Ability to lift and manoeuvre heavy items
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Required Skills (Desirable)
- Telehandler Licence
- Ability to conduct PA Testing
- Ability to undertake minor repairs to Plant & Equipment