A great opportunity to gain entry into the data communications and Telemetry industry.
Do you have a keen interest in electrical engineering & IP data communications?
BGEN have a fantastic opportunity to offer entry level positions in working for a leading provider of engineering services to the water utility industry.
We are looking for candidates who are technically minded (Electrical / IP data communications), customer orientated and are familiar with Microsoft packages (Word/Excel).
What will your day look like?
You will work on Scottish Water projects ranging from small standalone projects, to multi-site project programmes involving existing site electrical modifications, new Telemetry installations and modifications to existing Telemetry systems, network and comms upgrade and signal testing/verification across water and wastewater assets.
BGEN are involved in a large scale project across 1,000’s of sites where existing Telemetry systems and network comms are being upgraded to convert from PSTN to 4G LTE or VDSL comms.
You will be required to work across Scotland geographical area.
- Work safely at all times following BGEN H&S procedures and processes.
- Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) and IP router installation and wiring.
- Installation of 4G (LTE) antenna and cabling.
- Carry out the initial review of scope and content of a work package.
- Gather information from Suppliers, Clients and Users to ensure the scope of work is correctly interpreted and implemented.
- Deliver projects in line with design documentation and site processes/specifications.
- Prepare the telemetry design packages which includes creations of IO schedules and Mimics (Training will be provided).
- Commissioning and testing.
- Degree/HNC/HND Electrical, Electronic, Controls Engineering or a related technical/Engineering discipline.
- Some site water experience and experience within the telecommunications sector (IP communications) would be advantageous.
- Travel around Scotland (Mainland & Isles). Travel and subsistence expenses reimbursable.
- Tools, equipment, laptop, PPE and company branded workwear provided.
- Company work van and company fuel card.
- Company mobile phone.
- Full training provided.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private Healthcare Scheme.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Career progression path to Telemetry Engineering roles.
Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.