|Job Title||Health and Safety Technical Assurance Co-ordinator|
|Reporting to||Group Health & Safety Director|
To ensure the achievement of excellent safety management by providing professional health and safety advice throughout the Company to support the effective management of Health & Safety requirements and compliance with all current statutory and regulatory regulation and BGEN Ltd H&S Procedures
Annual operating budget: Not Applicable
Location of projects: All UK offices, facilities and projects undertaken by BGEN Ltd
As the H&S Technical & Assurance Coordinator, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Assist and support H&S Team in the implementation and continuous improvement of BGEN H&S Strategy and objectives
- Assist Group H&S Director to collate and update weekly and monthly report and publishing H&S statistics to Group.
- Assist the Group H&S Director in the collation and analysis of H&S related data to aid targeted continuous H&S performance improvement
- Provide H&S assurance support in the form of site inspections and audits to fixed manufacturing facilities and projects
- Co-ordinate schedule of H&S team risk based site visits
- Support the maintenance of ISO45001 certifications including certification audits
- Support the continuous improvement of BGEN Ltd H&S management systems and processes
- Support the development of BGEN Ltd H&S initiatives and support project compliance
- Support project based H&S Advisors with technical administration to aid compliance
- Assist work winning functions with the collation of information for the development of PQQ’s and Tender submissions
- Support internal H&S forums and working parties
- Support the development and implementation of the BGEN H&S Digital transformation
- Support business development with input into PQQ’s and tenders
Who we’re looking for
You will have the following:
- Experience working with digital reporting platforms
- Ability to gather, analyse and present data
- Effective attention to detail and sees things through to completion
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and acts in an independent and professional manner with the ability to influence others, including Senior Management
- Good working knowledge and understanding of all relevant statutory and legislative Health and Safety regulations.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Familiarity with civil claim and insurance processes.
- Familiarity with QA systems and compliance.
- Well-developed people management and communication skills inclusive of performance management processes for leadership, coaching and development of staff.
- Well developed negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of providing an excellent Health and Safety service for an organisation operating within the Engineering Construction Industry – especially Tier 1 Comah sites e.g. Petrochemical, Gas and Oil.
- You will possess excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational, professional and personal presentation skills when liaising with all levels of staff, clients, suppliers and subcontractors
1 Attend all Health and Safety meetings where requested and also attend the Engineering Solutions quarterly Engineers and Supervisors meetings providing a personal input into the Safety section.
2 Site Construction work in conjunction with Fabrication and Manufacturing workshop activities have significant compliance and legislative requirements – the job holder must maintain up to date knowledge in this critical area and actively manage the associated H&S risks with the management team.
3 As our site operations are undertaken throughout the UK – then there will be a requirement for the Duty Holder to spend time away from home.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent Level 3 award e.g. NCRQ Safety for Managers (essential)
- ISO45001:2021 Internal Auditor (desirable)