A great opportunity to work on your own or as part of a team in delivering automation projects to our clients. You will work through the whole lifecycle of the project from completing design documentation, developing control software, testing, commissioning and handover.
Do you have some experience in working on control and automation projects in the Water, Industrial Automation or Process sectors?
We are looking for Junior Engineers to join our large team of controls & automation engineers across multiple locations within the UK, namely: Stafford, Warrington, Southampton, Grangemouth and Derby.
You will be working on small control system projects on your own or as part of a team of engineers on larger projects to meet an agreed programme of works.
During the design and software development stages, you will work in our office or work from home (hybrid working) on the development of Functional Design Specification and PLC, HMI, SCADA software until the bench testing is completed. Integrated testing with the control panel will be in our manufacturing facility in Warrington where you could be engaging with both SI and LV engineering delivery teams and the Client to complete the FAT. Commissioning will be based on our client sites where you would gain experience working alongside more snr staff.
As a Junior Engineer, you could be acting as a lead on a small project, working closely with the Project Manager to meet contractual project milestones.
- Interpreting User Requirement Specification packages
- Production of functional design specifications, configuration of PLC and SCADA packages, factory testing, site testing and site based commissioning.
- Monitor/plan projects to ensure completed to time and budget
- Ensure Engineering and Design activities meets all national and international standards, clients requirements and ‘best’ engineering practice by liaison with more senior staff
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Should have a minimum of 0.5 years systems engineering experience.
- Knowledge of safe working practices with regards to work on or near electrical equipment.
- High regard for health and safety.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Needs to have good communication skills at all levels.
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful.
- Must be a good team player.
- PLC software development using at least one manufacturers devices from Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Mitsubishi or Schneider.
- HMI software development using at least one manufacturers devices from Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Mitsubishi or Schneider.
- Some experience with communication protocols; EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, PROFIBUS DP and PA, Modbus TCP/IP (preferable)
- Experience working with SCADA systems (preferable)
- Experience working with VSDs (preferable)
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation.
- Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.