To join our LV Engineering Team to deliver the field service requirements for our clients. The role requires attendance to client sites to survey existing systems and carry out modifications on existing electrical installations. Duties will involve control panel modifications, PLC system upgrades and wiring migrations, including complete site testing and commissioning of control systems.
Field engineering services on utility assets throughout the United Kingdom.
The jobholder will need to spend the majority of their time on client sites as necessary to deliver the function.
Size of projects: Primarily working on utility projects – multiple sites – project value >£1M.
Location of projects: Utility assets throughout the United Kingdom
BGEN Ltd – Technology SBU
The job holder shall report to the LV Operations Manager and liaise closely with the LV & SI Engineering Teams.
- Working to defined procedures, carry out installation, modification and testing of control systems equipment and associated communications devices.
- Ensure equipment supplied by BGEN is installed correctly and in accordance with manufacturers recommendations.
- Ensure equipment manufactured and configured by BGEN meets the project requirements, is complete and completely tested and delivers a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure ‘‘best practice’’ testing and commissioning processes are adopted.
- Comply with all BGEN Health and Safety requirements, processes and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for safe use and care of company tools and vehicles (Van).
- Manage equipment and materials supplies required for site work.
- Travel to sites throughout the U.K. and be prepared to spend some time away from home in overnight accommodation.
- Completion of task related H&S documentation.
- Completion of test documentation.
- Must understand the needs of BGEN Technology and BGEN Ltd as a whole.
- Some knowledge or experience of Telemetry systems would be advantageous.
- Must be able to work under own initiative and be able to drive site work forward to completion within set timescales.
- Must have a good level of Electrical/Electronic/Controls systems technical ability proven through “hands on” experience.
- Must be a team player and able to integrate well in to our existing LV Engineering team. Field work will generally be carried out by 2-man Teams.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels.
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful.
- Must encourage collaborative working where appropriate.
- Must possess good organisational skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritise activities and work under time pressures.
- Must possess problem/conflict resolution skills, both internally and with clients.
- Must hold full UK driving licence.
- Competent as an industrial electrician (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent):
- ECS Cardholder (Installation Electrician)
- C&G Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition) (2382)
- C&G Electrical inspection and testing (2391)