To carry out the electrical and mechanical installation on ICA projects in the Technology SBU.
Working on projects ranging in size from £20K to £1m
- The job holder will report to the M&E Supervisor
- Working extensively within the Water Industry both in the office and on Water and Waste Water Sites.
Based out of BGEN’s Technology Derby office, will be required to travel between regional offices and to various client and vendor sites.
- Electrical and mechanical installation of MEICA equipment including MCC’s, local control panels, distribution boards, instrumentation, pumps and associated pipework.
- Testing and commissioning of MEICA Equipment
- Carry out inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Report on progress to M&E Supervisor to highlight any concerns, / issues and opportunities of further work.
- The Job Holder must possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to often work under considerable time pressures.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Needs to have good communication skills at all levels.
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must have a good understanding of electrical installations and control systems including, but not limited to, control panels/MCCs, PLC, SCADA, instrumentation.
- Must have a good understanding of Instrumentation configuration, testing and commissioning.
- Must have a good working knowledge of PVC-u piping systems
- Experience in installing flowmeters up to 500mm in diameter is preferred.
- The job holder shall have a willingness to undertake an annual performance 1 to 1 review, to attend and have an active participation in all internal and external training courses.
- Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391) – City & Guilds
- NVQ 3 in electrical installation or equivalent
- Level 3 award – BS7671:2018
- SSSTS Preferred but not essential
- Good basic education particularly in English language and grammar.
- Minimum 5 years electrical supervision experience within a medium or large organisation.
- Minimum 3 years experience in delivering standard instrumentation installations/replacements and quality instrumentation installations/replacements.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation.
- Full working knowledge of BS7671 18th Edition