The Principal Electrical Engineer will support the Business through provision of Electrical Engineering, Design and Consultancy Services.
This is a challenging and diverse role operating in a wide range of highly regulated sectors including energy, water, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, fine chemicals, food and beverage.
The candidate will support BGEN in their journey in delivering clean energy solutions that are innovative, sustainable, compliant and cost effective.
We are looking for a high performer with significant technical competence, experience combined with leadership qualities.
A collaborative approach, strong values, and excellent communication skills are essential qualities for this role.
Opportunity exists to progress further as a Technical Director subject to meeting key performance criteria.
The Principal Electrical Engineer will report directly to the Engineering & Design Director and shall support the efficient and effective running of the department.
They will have the responsibility to lead the Electrical engineering and design team and Electrical related designs by others.
The post holder will:
Undertake audits and surveys of client existing assets
Act in a consultant and advisory capacity in identifying engineering solutions to meet client technical, cost and schedule needs
Apply sustainable approach in design and seek ways to reduce carbon footprint
Have a strong ability to identify, communicate and manage risk
Undertake feasibility studies
Support BGEN bid submissions
Review and assess tender documentation for completeness & compliance, identify risk & appropriate risk mitigation measures, identify resource needs and plan the works
Manage the effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets by personal leadership or directing other members of the team
Prepare or review and approve contract documentation including Scope of Work and Professional Services Agreements for Design Subcontracts
Manage Design Subcontracts
Provide concept, developed and detailed design deliverables for Electrical installations and associated Electrical services installations (Including 3D Model, general arrangement drawings, design risk register, specifications etc.)
Have significant experience in the application of electrical design Standards
Mentor / train other electrical team members
Identify & implement procedural and policy changes to improve operational efficiency
Provide effective, accurate & efficient technical advice and CAD services to both internal & external customers
Fulfil ‘Designer’ or ‘Principal Designer’ duty holder responsibilities as defined by the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
- Previous experience acting as Principal Electrical Engineer
- Building services design
- Electrical & instrumentation design
- Degree in electrical engineering related subject
- Strong experience in complex highly regulated construction projects
- Strong understanding of design process & associated documentation
- Have significant experience in the application British standards
- Project lifecycle experience
- Working knowledge of industrial HV and LV distribution systems – specialising in LV distribution.
- Strong knowledge of CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking ‘Designer’ and ‘Principal Designer’ Duty holder roles
- Strong experience using AutoCAD, Revit, Dailux, SKM and other Computer Aided Design tools
- Experience in digital engineering tools and technologies
- Hazardous Area Design
- Experience in undertaking LIDAR Point cloud surveys
- Knowledge of quality assurance, accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Project management qualification (Desired)