To undertake a project management role on projects within the Technology SBU.
Based at Derby, Stafford or Warrington office and will be required to travel between regional offices and to various client and vendor sites.
Projects ranging in size from £50K to £3m. Volume of projects approximately £1m to £5m per year.
BGEN – Technology SBU.
- The job holder will report to the Operations Manager.
- The job holder will liaise closely with the Technology SBU Key Account Managers, Project Managers, Project Engineers and clients as necessary to effectively execute the project management function.
- The job holder will also liaise with other BGEN SBUs as required to deliver Group opportunity projects.
- Effectively plan and implement successful project delivery for each given project to a high quality, on time and within budget.
- Effectively communicate project commercial status and programme with senior management, highlighting any concerns.
- Effectively communicate programme and progress with the client.
- Propose project delivery improvements to increase performance, efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered while adhering to BGEN Technology quality procedures.
- Manage and co-ordinate sub-contractors and product suppliers effectively.
- To carry out project design reviews.
- To ensure knowledge of current standards and practices in process control and automation industries.
- To inform appropriate Key Account Manager of potential opportunities.
- To evaluate accurately any project early warnings, compensation events and/or variations and communicate them to senior management and clients effectively.
- Effectively manage any project (commercial, technical or contractual) risks and communicate these risks to senior management.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Needs to have good communication skills at all levels.
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful.
- Must be commercially aware.
- Must be a good team player.
- Must have a good understanding of electrical installations and control systems including, but not limited to, control panels/MCCs, PLC, SCADA, instrumentation.
- The job holder shall have a willingness to undertake an annual performance 1 to 1 review, to attend and have an active participation in all internal and external training courses.
- ONC/HNC/Degree in electrical, measurement or control engineering or related discipline.
- Good basic education particularly in English language and grammar.
- Project Management skills, APM or Prince 2 practitioner preferred.
- IOSH managing safely, CDM Principal Designer and CDM Principal Contractor knowledge and experience preferred.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation.