BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
A great opportunity to work on your own or as part of a team in delivering automation projects to our clients. You will work through the whole lifecycle of the project from completing design documentation, developing control software, testing, commissioning and handover.
Do you have a track record in working on control and automation projects to major UK clients in the Water, Industrial Automation or Process sectors?
We are looking for experienced Engineers to join our large team of controls & automation engineers across in our Warrington office.
What will your day look like?
You will be working on control system projects on your own or as part of a team of engineers to meet an agreed programme of works.
During the design and software development stages, you will work in our office or work from home (hybrid working) on the development of Functional Design Specification and PLC, HMI, SCADA software until the bench testing is completed. Integrated testing with the control panel will be in our manufacturing facility in Warrington where you could be engaging with both SI and LV engineering delivery teams and client stakeholder to complete the FAT. Commissioning will be based on our client sites where the SAT will be completed.
As an Engineer, you could be acting as a lead on a small project, working closely with the Project Manager to meet contractual project milestones.
- Interpreting User Requirement Specification packages and reverse engineering of exiting control system software
- Production of functional design specifications, configuration of PLC and SCADA packages, factory testing, site testing and site based commissioning.
- Coordination and development of junior staff as required
- Monitor/plan projects to ensure completed to time and budget
- Act as Engineering Coordinator on small projects when required, coordinating disciplines within overall Technology division.
- Ensure Engineering and Design activities meets all national and international standards, clients requirements and 'best' engineering practice
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Should have a minimum of 3 years systems engineering experience.
- Strong knowledge of safe working practices with regards to work on or near electrical equipment.
- High regard for health and safety.
- Must have good organisational skills.
- Needs to have good communication skills at all levels.
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful.
- Must be a good team player.
Skills and Knowledge
- PLC software development using at least two manufacturers devices from Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Mitsubishi or Schneider.
- HMI software development using at least two manufacturers devices from Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Mitsubishi or Schneider.
- Experience with multiple communication protocols; EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, PROFIBUS DP and PA, Modbus TCP/IP (preferable)
- Experience working with SCADA systems (preferable)
- Experience working with VSDs (preferable)
- Knowledge and experience in virtual machines (VMWare)
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to act on own initiative.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside the organisation.
- Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence.