We’ve accelerated our journey to sustainability. Together with our colleagues, trusted partners and clients, we’ll ensure that we make a positive contribution to our local environment, to wider society, and to the geographies in which we work
We’re determined to engineer a sustainable future
- We offer a broad range of clean energy solutions for our clients
- Our head office will achieve zero carbon emissions by the end of 2022
- Overall, we’ll reduce own carbon emissions by 25% by 2025, and eliminate all residual emissions by 2040
- Our fleet of company vehicles will all be electric by 2030, wherever practicable, with low-carbon equivalents for the rest
- Wherever possible, we’ll be net zero carbon on procured materials by 2040 (and we’ll offset the remainder).
Our sustainability strategy
Our ambitious sustainability strategy includes embracing the circular economy; increasing our energy efficiency; minimising what we send to landfill as well as our water consumption; careful decisions on why, how and where we travel; and buying goods and services more prudently. We adhere to the Carbon Trust Standard for Reducing CO2 and we plan to extend our ISO 14001:2015 certification across the whole of BGEN.
Our sustainability ambitions
We’re helping to create a more positive future for us all. To meet our targets, we’ve developed a 4-step sustainability strategy: to eliminate, to reduce, to substitute, and to compensate by offsetting. We’re empowering our colleagues to deliver sustainability on our own premises, in our supply chain, in the solutions we provide for our clients, and in supporting our clients with their own sustainability goals.