Senior SI Engineer
BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
BGEN is an established market leader in control system integration. We pride ourselves in developing our people and nurturing talent is at the heart of what we do. We are currently seeking to recruit Engineers/Senior Engineers, to join our team on a permanent basis, based at our offices in Stafford.
Working as part of a successful team, duties include but are not limited to;
- Development of Control System architectures including Networks, SCADA, PLC, HMI and plant interfaces from customer requirements
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation, site testing / commissioning, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures) specifically production of design specifications and Test Specifications
- Working on own or within project teams to meet customer/ project deadlines
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science qualification (HNC/HND/degree) with at least 5 years' experience in a similar role
- At least 5 years system integration experience in food, chemical or process industries
- At least 5 years' experience in configuring systems utilising Rockwell PLC/HMI products
- At least 3 years' experience in configuring systems utilising Rockwell FactoryTalk SCADA products
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- Experience of producing design documentation and Test Specifications
- Site testing / commissioning experience
- Willingness to travel and work away / on site as and when required
- Driving licence
- Experience in working for a 'Rockwell Automation Recognised System Integrator' in at least one of the following disciplines: Control, Process, Information Solutions Provider
- Experience in working on projects adopting ISA-88, ISA-95 standards
- Configuration experience utilising Rockwell's PlantPAx distributed control system
- Experience in configuring Rockwell's Factory Talk Batch
- Rockwell FT Historian and/or VantagePoint configuration experience
- Experience of integrating Process Control Systems with MES/ERP applications
- Experience in being able to turn client's ideas into definable requirements
- Understand how to minimise the amount of customisation within a solution and utilise existing feature set/standard modules
- Industrial Networks design/setup knowledge
- Knowledge of industrial control panel design and electrical drawings.
- Instrumentation Experience (Temperature, Flow, pH, O2, Pressure, control valves etc)
- Functional Safety experience / TUV Functional Safety Engineer qualification