Electrical Design Engineer
BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
Location: Scotland (Central Belt).
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in electrical design engineering, with a proven track record in designing and developing electrical systems for blue-chip companies across multiple industries.
- Design and develop electrical systems for various projects, including MCC's, Switchboards and control systems.
- Create electrical schematic diagrams and General arrangements using CAD software.
- Perform electrical calculations.
- Work closely with other engineers and project managers to ensure designs meet project requirements and timelines.
- Participate in design reviews and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Provide technical support to sales, production and project teams from bid through to commissioning stage.
- HNC/HND/Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Strong experience in electrical design engineering, with a minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Proficiency in CAD software.
- Experience with electrical calculations.
- Knowledge of UK electrical codes and standards.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply below! We look forward to hearing from you!