We have installed LV switchboard ranges and packaged substations (Form 4b) in the UK and overseas, from large industrial process plants to critical power stations.
BGEN will ensure your facility and assets have all the up-time you need, even in the most extreme circumstances – whether dual-incomers and generator supplies, options for paralleling supplies, or UPS solutions. Decades of extensive product development and experience mean you can depend on the reliability of our solutions.
Customisable, flexible design
Every facility has different power needs and demands on space. Our packaged substations and LV switchboards are flexible in their design, with customisable configurations including back-to-back, U- and L-shaped configurations including busbar system bridges. Their compact footprint means we can design to your space, so you can use more of your building for its true purpose while delivering a cost-effective build or refit.
Power management and automation
Our power management systems use the latest technologies to intelligently monitor and control your power requirements. This means your end-users can save money on their energy bills while you maintain critical supplies.
Using a variety of communication protocols available directly on built-in devices, data is easily and readily available. Through our systems integration and digital services, we ensure that you always have visibility of up-to-date information to support rapid decision-making via a range of data analytics.
Natural ventilation systems
With the innovative inclusion of a naturally ventilated enclosure system, we don’t need to include cooling fans, air-flow switches or associated alarms. Consequently, there’s no need to maintain or replace them, or pay for their running costs. This intelligently designed heat dissipation solution provides inherent reliability to achieve maximum availability.
LV switchboard and packaged substation solutions
- Location: indoors
- Busbar system nominal rated current and short-time withstand current ratings:
- InA 2500A-6300A ICW 100kA 1s
- InA 2000A-4000A ICW 80kA 1s
- InA 800A-3200A ICW 50kA 1s
- Rated operational voltages:
- Un <690VAC (busbar system)
- Un <415V (devices)
- Arcing classification I (IEC TR 61641)
- Form of internal separation:
- Form 4a (type 2)
- Form 4b (type 7)
- Enclosure rated external IP codes:
- External design: welded chassis with fixed or withdrawable compartments
- Cabling access: top, bottom, front or rear
- Short-circuit protective devices: ACBs, MCCBs and switch-fuses
- MV/LV power transformer ratings up to 4MVA