BGEN offers complete solutions for critical or complex pump systems. We have the specialist equipment, software and expertise to optimise the performance of any pump system, along with clearly defined kWh savings and attractive ROIs.
Our end-to-end in-house mechanical and electrical service for your pumping system can include:
- design and build (we are independent pump manufacturers)
- full or partial upgrades
- PLC control
- remote monitoring
- support and after-care.
Technical consultancy for pump systems
We provide independent technical consultancy to major UK and international water companies, government agencies and industrial and hydrocarbon markets. In particular, we offer consultancy for the engineering specification of pumps in systems that require performance guarantees from the supplier.
Our pump system consultancy incudes:
- strategic AMP planning for energy efficiency
- feasibility assessments for pump systems
- pump station upgrades
- pump system surveys
- energy budgeting
- project scope definition.
Design and build
Whether you require a new system or a full/partial upgrade of your pumping systems, we have the expertise, experience and resources to provide the total solution – safely, on time and within budget. Your project could benefit from our:
- fully integrated in-house solutions
- multi-disciplinary design and delivery engineering capabilities
- complete mechanical, electrical, PLC and control expertise
- total project control
- minimised interface
- exemplary safety
- CDM2015 principal designer and principal contractor ability.
Efficiency testing and modelling for pump systems
We offer a full suite of system modelling and testing, delivering fully optimised water supply pump systems from source to tap:
- Testing – Our experienced test engineers will provide detailed analytics and reporting, thanks to highly accurate specialist equipment for tests such as thermodynamic, ultrasonic and combined.
- Modelling – We can also provide highly precise pump system modelling: a low-risk approach which enables us to simulate the environment and accurately review cost models and predicted energy savings. For example, our reservoir modelling can help you to optimise tariff management plus reductions in overall energy consumption.
Pump system optimisation (PSOp) software
We bring you the latest in digital solutions, enabling cost-effective modernisation and smart data handling within a cybersecure environment.
We’ve created our own PSOp software to help maximise efficiency. The software uses all the pump and system characteristics available to meet system demands, while enabling control of all pumps to their maximum efficiency at the lowest specific energy consumption (SEC kWh/Ml).
Service and support for pump systems
BGEN offers a range of tailorable service contracts to support your fixed and remote condition and performance monitoring assets and instrumentation (including flow meters and power monitors). This can involve:
- scheduled preventative maintenance
- predictive asset monitoring
- 24/7 emergency cover.