Internal Proposals Engineer
BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
To operate as an effective member of the internal sales team following a comprehensive, structured training programme and ongoing mentoring.
- Carry out the initial review of scope and content of a tender enquiry package.
- Preparation of accurate and competitive proposal documents utilising the Technology Division standard templates, following QA procedures, utilising the computerised estimating package, producing a high quality and professional proposal document.
- Obtain competitive quotations from Suppliers / Subcontractors for project estimates.
- Liaise with client, internal departments to obtain relevant information and quotations for the tender.
- Attend site visits and work at other BGEN offices as and when required.
- Attend tender review meetings with Client.
- Attend a kick-off meeting to brief the project team should the tender be successful.
- To ensure that all quotation activities are carried out in a systematic and controlled manner.
- To ensure that the potential customers requirements have been fully understood and detailed within the tender submission.
- To ensure that the tender submission is clear and unambiguous and protects the company's commercial position.
- To ensure design responsibility and design requirements have been clearly identified and documented.
- To provide input into continuous improvement, innovation and tool developments.
- Technical knowledge of two of the following: -
- Electrical Distribution/Control and MCC Panels. Knowledge of electrical distribution theory, cable sizing data, motor control techniques and field instrumentation systems. Knowledge of electrical control and protection.
- PLC Control systems. Knowledge of PLC, HMI and SCADA platform definition, and configuration. Understanding of network design requirements for Control Systems. Experience of designing and configuring PLC control systems.
- Telemetry Systems as used within the Water Industry. Knowledge of Telemetry hardware, communication mediums between site and the clients Telemetry Master Station (Top End) and the methodology of commissioning Telemetry systems on water sites.
- Good knowledge of BGEN Ltd. engineering capability and practice
- Familiarity with QA systems and compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients.
- NVQ Level 3 Engineering
- Possessing, or working towards, a relevant engineering degree or equivalent.