Lead SI Engineer
BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
To work closely with our key clients to ensure their requirements are understood and met. This role is responsible for the technical delivery of a project and will involve leading the team members involved.
- Site surveys to evaluate system requirements and interfaces
- Production of functional design specifications from clients requirements (URS, surveys etc)
- Configuration of PLC, HMI and SCADA packages, iFAT, cFAT, SAT and site based commissioning
- May be required to technically lead projects
- Monitor/plan projects to ensure completed to time and budget (in conjunction with PM)
- Report on progress to Manager, highlight concerns
- Ensure Engineering and Design activities meets all national and international standards, clients requirements and 'best' engineering practice
- PLC / SCADA / HMI configuration, testing and commissioning
- Network / communication design, configuration and commissioning
- Ensure adherence to quality systems
- Introduce latest developments/practices where appropriate
- Responsibility for the technical delivery of a project.
- Must possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to multitask, prioritise and work under considerable time pressures.
- Must encourage collaborative working
- Must be positive, approachable, willing and helpful
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels
- HNC/Degree qualified in relevant engineering subject
- 5yrs min experience in system integration environment
- Water industry experience highly desirable
- Siemens PLC family experience highly desirable