BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
To provide the labour department with the highest standard of administration ensuring that accurate records and information is kept at all times to support the activities of the team and it's stakeholders.
- To process all employment applications for BGEN and Satisfy Recruitment Services, obtain a minimum of 3 - references (where practicable) from previous employers, to ensure 'only' suitably skilled personnel are offered employment.
- To ensure all employment applications, references obtained and site employee assessment details, are entered onto the labour database.
- To ensure all new employees receive a Contract of Employment and Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure Labour Board is regularly updated and Monthly Labour Reports are produced and distributed to the relevant personnel.
- In the Labour Managers absence to respond appropriately to incoming telephone calls, e-mails and other correspondence.
- To ensure harmonious industrial relations are maintained with all hourly paid site PAYE employees and AGENCY personnel.
- To understand, interpret and assist with the processing of Weekly Time Sheets correctly, to ensure all Hourly Paid Site Personnel are paid, the applicable Hourly Rates of Pay and Expenses, strictly in accordance with the appropriate Site Labour Agreement.
- To provide appropriate support to other members of the BGEN Ltd - Administration Team, during holiday absence, illness etc.
- Minimum 2 year's administrative experience within a medium or large industrial organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to act on own initiative,
- Ability to work as an active 'Team Member', within a small group.
- Good knowledge of the BGEN payroll system and procedures.
- The Job Holder will frequently have to manage sensitive and highly confidential information therefore a high level of discretion is required.
- The group operates in a range of industries and internationally therefore the Job Holder must have a good awareness of the different site working agreements, i.e. JIB, SJIB, NAECI and Coryton Contractors Agreement.
- The Job Holder shall ensure high standards of records are maintained.
- The Job Holder shall have a proactive attitude and input into the arrangements of all hourly paid site employees External Training Courses.
- The Job Holder shall have a positive input into forging a company team spirit.
- The Job Holder shall have a willingness to undertake an annual performance 1 to 1 review, to attend and have an active participation in all internal and external training courses.
- Good basic education.