LV Test Engineer
BGEN are one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary design and build contractors with over 100 years of industry experience. With expertise in supporting blue chip clients in the Water, Power & Energy, Pharmaceutical and Food and Beverage industries they are at the forefront of value-added engineering.
As a leading engineering firm driving the energy transition in the UK, BGEN have developed a culture to promote personal development and ensure employee safety.
To carry out Testing & Inspection of various Low Voltage Switchboards, Motor Control Centre's (MCCs), Local Control Panels and Instrumentation Control and Automation Systems.
The role involves visits to client sites throughout the UK to carry out modifications on existing electrical systems, including LV control panel modifications, PLC system upgrades and wiring migrations, including complete site testing and commissioning support of control systems.
The jobholder will be based from the Warrington Production facilities in Penketh and will need to spend time on client sites as necessary to deliver the function.
- To interpret engineering drawings and specifications and to convert this information, to ensure the equipment conforms to Safety, Quality and Engineering Codes of Practice and Clients Specifications.
- To undertake the functional Testing of Electrical Control Components and Equipment within LV Assemblies i.e. PLC's, AC/DC Drives, soft starters, Inverters, DOL Starters and Instrumentation.
- To complete test and inspection documentation and ensure all LV Assemblies are manufactured in accordance with BSEN 61439 requirements
- To ensure all testing operations are conducted in a safe and secure environment ensuring Health & Safety procedures are maintained and potential risks are mitigated prior to any live testing.
- To lead Client Factory Acceptance Testing ensuring clients requirements are understood and implemented before delivery to site.
- To ensure harmonious relations are maintained with client's representatives.
- Collaboration with the workshop staff and Engineering staff is essential to ensure that we delivery our customer expectations
- Ensure ''best practice'' testing and commissioning processes are adopted.
- Must have experience and a depth of understanding in Electrical Testing, Inspection and Fault Diagnosis of Various types of Electrical Control and Instrumentation Panels.
- Having a good understanding of relay logic and electrical control circuits.
- Must be competent at programming various Instruments, Inverters, AC Drives.
- Full UK Driving license and must be willing to travel and lodge away when required.
- Control Systems & Instrumentation
Experience in the following areas are preferable;
- C&G Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition) (2382)
- C&G Electrical inspection and testing (2391)
- Communications Networks
- PLC Systems
- Completed an Electrical & Electronic Engineering Apprenticeship
- BTEC National Certificate in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.